A pinched nerve can cause a lot of pain for the person suffering from it. The pain usually is constant until the nerve is released from the pinched area. Dr. Jonathan Bullock, Dr. Amy Kolesar, and Dr. Glen Nisivoccia with Frankfort Chiropractic & Physical Therapy know how to help treat a pinched nerve in Mokena, IL. Here are some ways to help treat a pinched nerve until your chiropractor can help release the area.
Dealing With a Pinched Nerve
If you are suffering from a pinched nerve in Mokena, IL, there are some things that you can do to help alleviate the pain until you see your chiropractor.
- Try getting enough sleep at night, so you feel well-rested in the morning. Sleeping is when the body heals itself and helps rejuvenate hurt areas.
- Pay attention to how your posture is during the day. An incorrect posture can put stress on the hurt area and cause the pinched nerve to be inflamed
- Use over-the-counter pain medications as directed to help relieve the inflammation. NSAID-based pain killers are the best to help relieve pain and swelling for pinched nerves.
- Stretching is a great way to help relieve stress in a pinched area.
- You may temporarily immobilize the area by using a brace or splint to keep the area from moving.
- Ice and heating packs can help reduce the swelling associated with a pinched nerve. It would be best to alternate between the cold and heating packs to maximize the help. You should only leave the pack on for 15 minutes at a time for cold packs and an hour for heating packs.
There are a lot of ways that a nerve can become pinched. And there are things that you can do to help with the pain and inflammation of a pinched nerve in Mokena, IL. Dr. Bullock, Dr. Kolesar, and Dr. Nisivoccia with Frankfort Chiropractic & Physical Therapy are the ones that will fix the problem once and for all. Call us today at (708) 478-3000 to get started.